March 26, 2018
We wish to make you aware that an arrest was made on campus. This past Saturday, March 24, 2018, the Cerritos College Baseball team played El Camino College’s baseball team. Following that game, it is alleged that a male said, “See you all on Monday; I’ll bring my AK.” The individual was positively identified. Today Campus Police detained and subsequently arrested the male adult. The subject had no weapons with him or in his vehicle. El Camino College Police took custody of the individual and will be handling the subsequent processing and investigation.
Tom Gallivan, Chief of Police
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings. Know what is typical and what is not.
- Call 911 from a campus phone or (562) 402-3674 from a cell phone to report suspicious activity.
- Be aware of parking lots, walkways and restrooms.
- Travel with others with whom you are comfortable when possible, or call Campus Police for a Security Escort if needed.
- Let others know where you are going, especially if you might be there alone.
- If you are uncomfortable, go to where there are other people.
- Headphones can eliminate your ability to be aware of your surroundings.
- Move confidently at a steady pace and make eye contact with people.
- Keep keys in hand when moving to a vehicle.
- Keep windows and doors locked.
- Check the interior of a vehicle before getting in.
- Go to the nearest open business or police station if you are being followed.
- Do not confront a fleeing suspect, from a safe distance obtain a good description and direction of travel for the police
- Natural Disaster
- Hazardous Material Accident
- Bomb Threat/Explosion
- Violent/Criminal Behavior
- Utility Failure
BEFORE THE EMERGENCY
- See situation-specific information on the Posters.
- Note the location of your Emergency Evacuation Assembly Area for rooms you use/occupy on campus.
- Have emergency phone numbers handy.
- Keeps halls and exits clear of boxes/debris.
- Correct or report hazardous conditions.