October 17, 2017
***Safety Alert: Lewd Conduct***
On Tuesday, October 17, 2017, at approximately 8:00 p.m., Campus Police received a report from a male student regarding an unknown male was fondling himself in the Men’s locker room, while the male victim was taking a shower. The incident occurred at approximately 7:30 p.m.
At this time, Campus Police is conducting a thorough investigation. The college has strong sexual assault and harassment policies and procedures, and takes all reports of sexual assault allegations very seriously.
The suspect is described as follows:
1: Male-Hispanic or Asian – mid 20's - 5'9”- medium build - military style haircut – square dark framed eye glasses - wearing light blue or gray color t-shirt and medium blue jeans - unknown color or type of shoes
Anyone with information related to this incident is encouraged to contact Campus Police immediately by dialing 9-1-1 from any campus phone, or by calling (562) 402-3674 from a cell phone.
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings. Know what is typical and what is not.
- Call 911 from a campus phone or (562) 402-3674 from a cell phone to report suspicious activity.
- Be aware of parking lots, walkways and restrooms.
- Travel with others with whom you are comfortable when possible, or call Campus Police for a Security Escort if needed.
- Let others know where you are going, especially if you might be there alone.
- If you are uncomfortable, go to where there are other people.
- Headphones can eliminate your ability to be aware of your surroundings.
- Move confidently at a steady pace and make eye contact with people.
- Keep keys in hand when moving to a vehicle.
- Keep windows and doors locked.
- Check the interior of a vehicle before getting in.
- Go to the nearest open business or police station if you are being followed.
- Do not confront a fleeing suspect, from a safe distance obtain a good description and direction of travel for the police
- Natural Disaster
- Hazardous Material Accident
- Bomb Threat/Explosion
- Violent/Criminal Behavior
- Utility Failure
BEFORE THE EMERGENCY
- See situation-specific information on the Posters.
- Note the location of your Emergency Evacuation Assembly Area for rooms you use/occupy on campus.
- Have emergency phone numbers handy.
- Keeps halls and exits clear of boxes/debris.
- Correct or report hazardous conditions.